The Northern Grain Growers Association is a “farm grown” organization that started in 2004 and now has over 60 members including growers, malsters, bakers, food system enthusiasts, food business owners, distributors and more! We focus on plant breeding, organic seed saving, variety improvement, and broadly all aspects of grain production – conventional, organic, and in between.
Read more about our association and find details on how to become a member by clicking here.
Click here to view the Preliminary Results from our 2016 Winter Wheat Variety Trials, which evaluated 34 winter wheat varieties.
- 2016 Summer Organic Dairy Series – Together, NOFA-VT and UVM Extension are offering four on-farm workshops on organic dairy farms. View our Organic Dairy Series brochure for details and registration information. Dates and topics include:
– 8/4/16, Integrating Irrigation into your Grazing System, Elysian Fields, Shoreham, VT
– 8/16/16, Calf Care, Herd Health, and Farm Management with Dr. Guy Jodarski, Franklin Farm, Guilford, VT
– 8/17/16, Calf Care, Herd Health, and Farm Management with Dr. Guy Jodarski, Bitter Sweet Valley Farm, East Fairfield, VT
– 9/8/16, Organic Dairy – Infrastructure and Pasture Management, Deberville Dairy, Washington, VT
- Tuesday, October 11, 2016 – Grains & Dry Beans in Vermont at Morningstar Meadows Farm in Glover, VT. Join us to hear about heirloom variety assessment, understanding disease and insect issues, and developing planting date and seeding rate recommendations. Register online at https://grainsanddrybeans.eventbrite.com.
The UVM Cereal Grain and Hops Quality Analysis Testing Laboratory tests for commercial grain, hop analysis and now malting barley analysis. When samples are submitted, please be sure to send along payment and completed sample submission forms. Cereal grain samples should use this Cereal Grain Submission Form. Hop samples should use this Hop Submission Form. Malting Barley samples should use this Malting Barley Submission Form.