A Localvore is a person dedicated to eating food grown and produced locally. Many localvore organizations (known as Pods) have sprung up in communities across Vermont. Localvore pods are inspiring their communities to choose local foods, and supporting their local farmers, bakers, brewers, distillers, and maltsters: creating demand for the delicious food grown in Vermont.
Resources/Local Food News:
- NOFA VT resources for eating locally, ‘Vermont Organic Farm & Food Guides’.
- Vermont Fresh Network, Vermont Fresh Network + Localvore
- Farm-to-Plate, Localvore Releases New Mobile App, Localvore Passport, That Pays it Forward
- Seven Days, New Deal: Burlington-based Localvore Aims to Be the Anti-Yelp
- University of Vermont, Helping Vermont Growers Feed Demand for Local Grain